Saturday, May 13, 2006

I eat more instant noodles than you eat rice!

This post is inspired by Seng Kor, King’s Wife and Mr Cocka.

There is a saying goes like this:

I eat more salt than you eat rice!

It means that I have more experiences in life than you and thus it’s advisable that you heed my opinion and take my advice. This proverb is usually uttered by the elders to the young ones to remind them that the elders are always wiser and more knowledgeable.

But today, I want to tell you this:

I eat more instant noodles than you eat rice!!!

Muahahahahahahahaa!!! ;p So if you don’t want your meal to end up like his, then you better pay attention to my cooking instructions below and follow it faithfully. *wink wink*

1) Pick any pack of instant noodles that takes your fancy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
2) Prepare your ingredients, for e.g., egg, veges, spring onions, fish balls, crabmeat, etc.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
3) Boil some water in a small pot (hall full).
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
4) Open and empty the soup powder sachet (which comes with the noodles) into a bowl.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
5) Scoop in some boiled water to dilute the soup powder.
(You must be wondering as to why I didn’t boil the soup powder together with the water but instead I scooped in the boiled water to dilute it. Hehehe, I’ll explain this to you later. Read on peepz.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
6) Cook the vegetables, meat etc using the leftover water in the small pot.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
7) Scoop them out from the pot once they have been cooked.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
8) Put in your instant noodles into the pot to be boiled.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
9) Make sure the temperature is right. Not too high or too low.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
10) You can turn off your gas stove once the noodles have loosened up and the water is boiling (with lots of bubbles, see pic below).
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
11) The reason I did step 4 & 5 is to avoid the murky chemical water that surfaces after boiling the instant noodles. Sift your noodles with a colander.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
12) You can also rinse the noodles with some cold water to maintain its tenderness.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
13) Add in some spring onions for garnishing. Oh yeah I forget to tell you that the egg is pre-boiled. I prefer a hard boiled egg over a beat-up egg because beat-up egg reminds me of baby puke like his and his. YUCK.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
14) The soup is clear and nice because it is not contaminated by the murky chemical water from the noodles.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Many of you may question if it’s alright to dilute the soup powder with a few scoops of boiled water (instead of cooking and boiling it in a small pot).

Well my dear, the answer is a definite YES because I am still kicking & alive and I am typing this post for you right now. LOL!

In my humble opinion, the soup powder is just like the Milo powder. It’s a cooked product and hence it doesn’t need to be boiled and re-boiled again to ensure that it’s suitable for eating. All you need to do is just to pour in the boiled water to dilute it and the soup will be ready (just like how you make Milo). Then you can proceed to cook the noodles like in Step 8.

This is not a new method nor does it sound unusual. This cooking method is commonly practised by all the noodles sellers out there.

Think about it, have you seen a noodle seller who cooks the noodles together with the soup? The answer is NO, right? That is because they have a separate pot of water just to cook the noodles only so that the chemical from the noodles will not fuck up their soup base. Understand? *TITOKI grins*

If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to put it down in the comment section. I will do my best to answer them for you. Till then, I want to enjoy my instant noodles now. Tata!!!

Ed note:
1) Great!!! I’d killed two caterpillars on We Suck Day.
2) My phone line was down for the last couple of days. No phone line = No Internet and No Internet = No Blogging. Sienz. One of these days I’m going to fuck TM like how I fucked Assthrow! *TITOKI growls*
3) Mom and dad will touch down in KLIA at 9PM tonight. Yay! :)

Labels: